Monday, September 23, 2013

DIY Fall Wreath Under $15

Fall is here officially and time to create my wreath.

I don't know about you but I can never find wreaths that are just right for what I want and I also wont pay a lot for a wreath. This year the wreaths in my local stores seem to have NO personality to them so time to create my own. I always do my own Christmas wreaths but this year, I am inspired by fall and want to create my own... on a budget of course.

I first went to my local Michael's store and found they were having a fabulous 50% to 60% off fall décor!! I picked up a wreath (I just adore the wood twine wreaths pre-made) and picked a selection of fall bushes pieces and some fall twine I liked.. with gems! I love all things shiny..

The total cost was under $15 dollars. I don't buy the small pieces, I find bushes that have different types mixed in and pull it apart... definitely saves you money!

To do your own wreath you really do not need much supplies:

Wire cutters
craft twine
hot glue gun

Here are my decorative supplies I bought:

Twine wreath (love these - great alone or decorated in a home) SALE $3.95
2 bushes of fall colors (oranges and wheat colors) Cost: (1/2 off) final cost $6
1 flower piece Cost: (1/2 off) final cost $1
1 large holiday decor twine with gems and shiny beads: Cost (1/2 off) final cost $3.99
Total Cost for all decorations: $14.94

You really do not need a lot of decoration for the wreath if you buy bushy pieces as you see here in back, that bush made a ton of separate pieces after cutting with wire cutter to spread around my wreath.


I pulled the bushes apart and now have ton of decoration now



The small pine cones I had from a Christmas wreath I did, but if I didn't have them still I would have went out and collected some in my backyard. I love PINE CONES.. they look great this time of year for all decorations, especially mixed in glass vases with pops of color like red berries, tinsel or decorated with glitter!! (this girl loves all things sparkly and shiny)

I then simply intertwined the pieces into the twine wreath and used my hot glue gun for those stubborn pieces. Here is the transformation from the first step.
I was almost tempted to stop here and buy a ton more of this shiny bead twine. Maybe will do a similar one for my garage door using just beads!

 Adding wheat pieces to the sides allowing it to spray out to create dramatic effect.
 Adding the flower pieces in bright orange and reds

Then adding the fuller pieces and the pine cones using hot glue gun.

I luvvv the final product! Everyone has their own style and I can never find a wreath I like, so making one to fit my style is the perfect solution.



Here is the final product on my door, but don't mind the UGLY door.. next project is to redo that door!


Get inspired and create your own wreath!

Thanks for viewing my post...

-Crafty Realtor

No comments:

Post a Comment